How long will it take to receive my order?
All orders are shipped within two business days (including personalised ones), but most will be shipped the following business day. We try to prioritise orders where a customer has paid for express shipping.
If you need your order super urgently, give us a call or send us an instant message. In some instances we can ship on the same day, including personalised orders.
See our Shipping page for delivery times to your particular area.
Can I have a toy personalised with something other than name and birth date?
Yes! We can personalise your toy with anything, within the limits of space (the more text, the smaller it has to be to fit). To order personalisation other than name and birth date, leave a detailed description of what you want in the 'comments' section of the checkout. We will contact you if we have any issues.
Do you ever have sales or offer discounts?
We often get asked if we discount or ever have sales. The short answer is no.
The reasons are many:
- The cost of producing our products locally is high, in particular, we pay fair, Australian wages. While our products are not cheap, we sell them for a fair price given what they cost to make, so don’t have much room to discount. The upside of this is that they are made by people who care, not the lowest bidder.
- People who paid the full price would feel like they got ripped off.
- To have sales, we would have to put our ‘normal’ prices up to cover the discount, so most people would end up paying more.
- Sales are addictive and destructive to businesses, so like drugs, we refrain from the outset.
Thus we think everyone is better off this way. It also enables us to focus on making the best quality products around, backed up by the best service going around, not sales gimmicks. We hope you understand!
Where are your toys made?
Our workshop is located in Bayswater, in the suburbs of Melbourne, Australia. Our toys enter our workshop as planks of wood and leave as the beautiful toys you see on our website. We make everything in house, except a few of the small parts, which we have custom made in the USA. All of the personalisation is done in house.
Do you offer gift wrapping?
Yes. We charge a modest fee of $4 per item, to cover the materials and time it takes to do a great job.
Do you do custom work?
As it takes quite a while to design and prototype new designs plus test them to the mandatory Australian Standard for toy safety (AS8124), it is generally not economical to do one-offs.
What payment methods do you accept?
We accept PayPal, AfterPay, Visa and Mastercard.
We use a secure checkout to ensure that your data is safe.
Can I send my order to another address?
Yes, just specify the shipping address during checkout. This can be different to the billing address.
What materials do you use?
Our toys are made using Beech and Tasmanian Oak timbers. We use Livos and Osmo natural oils and non-toxic water based Resene paints and varnish. All our surface finishes comply with the Australian Standard for toy safety.
As we take toy safety extremely seriously, we do not use recycled timber as we cannot be sure of where it was used and what may have leeched into it during its original use.
Is GST included in the price?
Yes (for Australian purchases).
Do you sell wholesale?
Yes, but we are currently not taking on any new stockists. Contact us by email if you would like to be contacted if we take on more stockists.
My rattle or teether is well loved and starting to show some wear, how do I bring it back to new condition?
Lightly sand it with fine (approx 240 grit) sandpaper to remove any chips, then lightly apply Livos Kunos oil to the worn areas. Re-apply up to another two coats, until it is back to new condition.
Send us an email with your address if you would like us to send you a small jar of oil.
How do I clean my rattle or teether?
To clean your rattle or teether, wipe it down with a damp cloth and a little dishwashing detergent. Do not immerse it in water.
I’m a competitor and would like to know what supplier you use for X or what process you use for Y?
We get this quite a bit, and believe it or not, we like talking to and helping others in the same space. Our reasons are as follows:
- What goes around comes around
- The children’s toy pie is big enough for plenty of people to have a slice. We believe that more people promoting high quality, locally made products will expand that segment for everyone.
Before contacting us, we ask 3 things:
- You look for the information on our website The answers to the most common questions we get from competitors are on our website for all to see.
- You also believe in point 1 above. Specifically, you would be willing to answer any reasonable question we ask.
- You are upfront about why you’re asking. It’s obvious when people aren’t and it suggests that you don’t believe in point 1 above.
That said, get in touch. Hopefully we can help each other!